Explorers Academy (ages 9-11)
The 2013 Explorers Academy will take place July 15th – 19th, 2013.
For ACE Camp ages 12-17, please click here: ACE Academy
Enrollment is limited, early registration is highly recommended!2013 EXPLORER Flyer & Application
“What do I want to be when I grow up?” It’s not too early to start exploring! With the continued success of our Aviation Career Education (ACE) Summer Academy and strong demand for a similar activity to accommodate younger students, we are excited to announce our new “Explorers” Summer Academy. Naval Air Station Wildwood (NASW) Aviation Museum will utilize the same professional staff and similar agenda from our ACE Academy to motivate young students to start thinking about the future…NOW! Activities for this one week camp will stress the importance of a strong background in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) skills. Real world career opportunities will be EXPLORED!
This is an excellent hands-on educational opportunity for our students. Highlights for the week include:
- “Play day on the Runway!” (Actually an airport operations safety presentation)
- Tour Police and Fire Station and see first-hand how technology is used
- Tour and Demonstration by United States Coast Guard
- Tour FAA Technical Center and Atlantic City International Airport
- Build and launch a water rocket and space shuttle
- See real aircraft up close. Sit in the cockpit, talk to pilots, crew members and engineers about their careers. Plus much more!
**Schedule is tentative and subject to change**